16.4.11

My Introduction - Hola!

Hi all.

Jess signing on for duty here.

I first heard about this ride when Matt/EMM initally set it up. We met playing bike polo, realised we went to the same sixth form & had lots in common. I was all for supporting him in any way I could because it's a cause that has affected me and my family personally but there was no way I could get the time off work to take part. However, I recently took the scary decision to work for my own bike project and I am now very excited to be taking part in this amazing adventure! Berlin is always in the back of my mind and each time we see each other, I think we all get a bit more excited.


I'm currently riding a beautiful fixed gear Surly Steamroller which I built up a few months ago. We are pretty much surgically attached so it's going to be very hard to find a touring bike for the ride that will be able to compete with her! I'm fairly worried about my fitness levels but the Doctor has given me the all clear to start training and training hard I will be. Watch out for some ride updates and of course some probable failures by myself in the next coming months!

For now, I cannot stress enough how important this ride is to us, our families and our friends. I want to thank our supporters so far but we have miles to go yet (900 to be precise!) so if you can help in anyway; be that making a donation, lending us some gear or giving us a place to stay then please get in touch! It means alot.

That's all for now!

Jess (the chatty one). X

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing adventure. Looking forward to hearing about your rides.

    ReplyDelete